Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog! As most of you know, I spent my first semester of college living in Dijon, France. I had the time of my life. Two years later, I'm back in France living in Paris for an additional semester abroad. Throughout my stay in Paris, as in Dijon, I'll be posting pictures and stories here so that friends and family members back home will have the opportunity to share in my adventures over in Europe.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Excursion to Saint-Romain


This past Saturday, my group took a bus with our professor to visit Saint-Romain and the surrounding area. We left in the morning and drove through some beautiful French countryside for about an hour. Our first stop was at an old chateau that we explored and toured for the morning. Apparently, this chateau in Saint-Romain belonged to a royal French family for many generations. We weren’t able to take pictures of the interior, but the exterior is the most stunning anyway! (I absolutely love the roofs on some of the buildings here! On many of the very old buildings, the roofs are  patterned with many different colored shingles, as is the roof of this chateau)


After visiting the chateau, we took the bus along the stunning cliffs of Saint-Romain and met our two other professors at one of their houses for a lovely, very French lunch that his wife had prepared for us. His house has the most stunning view of the cliffs of Saint-Romain and all the vineyards. When we weren’t eating, we spent a lot of time in the backyard overlooking the fields.

Before departing back to Dijon, we were able to stop at a winery with our three professors. The workers (one of whom was American) showed us all the machinery and inner-workings of the wine making process. I have never seen so many grapes in my life. They tasted great!


It was a good weekend. This week it has gotten a little cooler but has been overall, very pleasant. I will update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment