Today is my fourth day living with my host family. I moved in on Sunday morning and we had a beautiful lunch, then walked around the area of the city where I now live. I am lucky enough to be right at the center. To get to school in the morning, I leave the house, take a few turns, and within about five minutes I can be waiting for the bus with a few other students who live in my area.
I am taking five classes over here: two language classes daily at the university, a French history class with my professor at his apartment (also conveniently very close to my house), a French art history class at the local art museum, and a general history class at the local lycee (high school). Everything in this city, I have learned, is very accessible by bus. There are many lines that run every five to ten minutes and as long as you know where you need to go, you can easily find a bus to get you there. The day before we met our host families, some friends and I decided we would figure out the busses for ourselves and successfully took one to the large lake on the outskirts of the city where we walked the path around the area.
I can tell already that my French is improving a lot, especially from taking to my host mom at dinner (who is very very nice). I can’t believe it’s only been a week----it feels like I’ve done so much already!
No comments:
Post a Comment